Leadership and Social Media Project
The Loyola Institute for Ministry, supported by a grant from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, is implementing the grant entitled "Communicating Charism."
It is founded on the belief that communication is fundamental to the Christian faith. God communicated God’s very self in Jesus, continues to communicate through the work of the Holy Spirit, and invites the faithful to share in the divine task of communicating God’s word in the Church and world today.
The grant's purpose is to build social media and leadership capacity among members of seven communities of women religious in the U.S., Africa, and Asia.
Videos World Premieres
The world premiere of the videos produced by Salt+Light TV to spread the word about the participating communities in June and July. The videos about the following congregations are available here: http://saltandlighttv.org/sisterhood/ (you may be asked to enable Flash Player).
*Congregation of St. Joseph Sisters
*Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Uganda/Kenya Province
*Congregation of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
*Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Kilimanjaro
*Sisters of the Holy Family
*Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Benin City, Nigeria
*Daughters of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Chí Hòa
In the News:
- "Loyola Online Program Geared to Religious Women" by Peter Finney, Jr, Clarion Herald
- "Pope’s Media Messenger Excited by Wide Tent" by Christine Bordelon, Clarion Herald
- "A New Kind of Habit" by Emily Branan, The Maroon
- "Conrad N. Hilton Foundation Grant Will Provide Increased Global Catholic Educational Opportunities" Loyola Press Release
- Congregation of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (U.S.)
- Congregation of St. Joseph Sisters (U.S.)
- Daughters of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Chi Hoa (U.S. province of Vietnamese order)
- Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Uganda, Kenya)
- Sisters of the Holy Family (U.S.)
- Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Benin City, Nigeria)
- Sisters of Our Lady of Kilimanjaro (Tanzania)